Sunday, June 11, 2006

Starting Up

What is this blog?

Well, a few weeks ago, I was wondering: how often am I right? If I didn't think carefully, I would probably conclude that I'm "almost always" right. This might be a valid conclusion, but I can't escape the possibility that I fall victim to the same self-deception that affects so many others. I need a way to retrospectively evaluate my varied ideas and criticisms. That's the idea behind this blog.

Here, I'll post whatever comes to mind: primitive outrage, thoughtful discussion, or transparent silliness (like the alliteration in the title?). I plan to have an "eat crow" day every three months, starting now. I'll review the posts in my blog history, attempting to poke as many holes as I can. Wish me luck!

Incidentally, I doubt that many people will ever actually read this blog. Although I'd be happy to have others read it, that really isn't the founding purpose. I'm using the blog medium as a means to self-evaluation because of its convenience and (hopefully) its permanence.

No comments: